1.17’s primary goal is to live out the heart of Isaiah 1:17
“Learn to do good. Seek Justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless.”
We exist to create opportunities where individuals and the local church in Memphis are connected, resourced, and supported as they engage international and local adoption and foster care.
- Scripture tells God’s people to take action and advocate for children who cannot speak for themselves
- God uses His Church as the primary change agent in the lives of families and children
- Adoption is at the heart of the gospel
- The journey of adoption and foster care is best walked in the context of church community, training, and support
Support and Connection Opportunities:
- 1.17 Dads Wing Night – Come spend time with other adoptive and foster dads. These wing nights will take place at Wing Stop East Memphis located at 4697 Poplar Ave., 38117. Please email Tona Ottinger with any questions at email@example.com.
- April 3, 7-9pm
- May 1, 7-9pm
- Empowered To Connect Conference – Simulcast – The Empowered To Connect Conference is a two-day conference for adoptive and foster parents, ministry leaders, and professionals designed to help them connect with children from hard places in order to help them heal and become all that God desires for them to be. This event will be taking place at Christ United Methodist Church on April 8-9. For more details and to purchase your tickets, click here.
- 1.17 Moms Coffee Night – Come spend time with other adoptive and foster moms. A great evening to swap stories and laughter! These coffee nights will take place at Panera Brea located at 4530 Poplar Ave., 38117. Please email Tona Ottinger with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 22 from 6:30-9pm
- May 20 from 6:30-9pm
- Connecting While Correcting Seminar – This seminar will take place on April 30 from 2-4:30pm at our church offices: 68 South Prescott St. #301, 38111. For questions and details, email Mark Ottinger at email@example.com.
- The Power of Play Seminar – This two-day seminar begins on June 4 at 9am and ends the next day at 11:30am. Coffee, bagels, and treats provided! More details to come!
- IEP and Accommodations Seminar – This 2 day seminar begins on July 30 at 9am and ends the next day at 11:30am. Coffee, bagels, and treats provided. More details to come!
- Coming Home Seminar – This 2 day seminar begins on August 27 at 9am and ends the next day at 11:30am. Coffee, bagels, and treats provided. More details to come!
For more information and resources, email East Memphis Outpost Pastor Mark Ottinger at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.