The good news of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection — changes everything. This is true.
Over the next five weeks, we’ll explore the “how” by unpacking the good news at the center of our faith: that God in Christ saves sinners from sin into the newness of life in His Kingdom now and into eternity.
We’ll begin to mine those depths examining how, through Christ’s work, God gives us a new identity (adoption), a new record (justification), removes our condemnation (propitiation), and makes all things, including us, new (new creation).
Are you a newcomer to Fellowship Memphis? Our DNA Groups are for you. DNA groups are four-week groups hosted on Sunday nights from 5 to 7pm beginning January 19. These groups will help you learn more about who we are as a church and how you can begin living out the values that we are most passionate about. You will also have the opportunity to connect with other newcomers to Fellowship. Groups are led by our staff and other church leaders. Dinner and childcare are included at each group gathering.
New Equipping Classes offered in January
As an equipping church, we desire to offer regular Equipping Classes to prepare you as a minister of the gospel for your everyday life. Below are the Equipping Classes which are open to our church and others around the city beginning in January:
- Perspectives Course (Tuesday nights beginning 1/14) – God has a “world-sized” role for every Christian in His global purpose. This 15-week discipleship course that takes you through the Bible, back in time and across the globe to journey together toward a better understanding who God is, what He is doing and your role within that.
- Financial Peace University Course (Sunday mornings beginning 1/19) – Alongside Dave Ramsey’s FPU teaching, our Financial Stewardship Team will walk you through a 9-week course learning the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for kids’ college and retirement, and much more.
- History of Christian Doctrine (Sunday nights beginning 1/19) – Church history allows us to understand why the church thinks, acts and speaks the way that it does today. Join us as we journey through church history and doctrine to be comforted and challenged that Jesus Christ is faithful to his promise to build his church.
- Rhythms of Renewal: Gospel Formation for Women (Sunday nights beginning 1/19) – Stress and anxiety are common threads for women regardless of life season, vocational commitment or marital status. Is there relief for this seemingly endless cycle? This class will combine truth from Scripture, stories from women “in process” and practical application steps to move us toward Gospel rhythms – rhythms that nudge our souls from stress to peace and anxiety to purpose.
- Disciplines of Godly Men (Sunday nights beginning 1/19) – This class will practically equip men with practical spiritual disciplines to be men of consequence who are trained to be good at being godly men.
Sunday Nights at Fellowship return January 19
Come join us for Sunday Nights at Fellowship this January. For six weeks at our Germantown Outpost, we will have adult classes on: The History of Christian Doctrine, and Men’s and Women’s Classes. We will also host DNA Groups for newcomers in two locations.
Alongside these options for adults, we will offer FSM programming and Fellowship Kids. Dinner is provided each week. Read more about the class and group options and sign up below.
FSM Winter Camp 2020
Fellowship Student Ministries will have a Winter Camp – January 24-26, 2020 for all middle and high school students! This Winter Camp weekend will be full of great community-building opportunities. We will have bonfires, ropes courses, climbing walls, dodgeball, etc. Not only will we have a great time with recreation and games, but we’ll be spending intentional time worshipping, studying the Bible together and praying.
July 6 – 12, 2020 (Week 1) – 30 Spots Available
July 13 – 19, 2020 (Week 2) – 30 Spots Available
Fellowship Memphis Church is excited to partner with Point Honduras again to provide mission trip opportunities to serve in Tegucigalpa Honduras. Families are welcome to enjoy this mission together. We ask that all participants be at least 9 years old.
We will be serving in several neighborhoods of Tegucigalpa where Point Honduras has a consistent presence, focusing on evangelism, facilitating Bible camps and activities for the children in the area, and doing some light construction.